TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last updated: May 1, 2009
2. Registering with AHCF; Use of Certain Features.(a) Registering with AHCF. AHCF welcomes anyone to review, read and use the Site. But in order to post comments or provide any other user-generated content and various other content, we may require you to register with the Site and, in some cases, create an account and password.
If you register with AHCF, you agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information about yourself. As part of the registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password, or one may be automatically provided for you (this can be changed at any time). You agree not to select a username that impersonates someone else or otherwise violates someone else’s rights. You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer your account to another party. If you become aware that your account is no longer secure, please notify us and change your password.
(b) Use of Certain Site Features. We welcome both registered guests and non-registered guests to sign up or use certain other features made available through the Site from time to time. Whether or not you are registered with a Site, we may require you to provide your email address and or postal address to sign up for these features. By signing up for a particular feature, you become subject to the rules governing that feature.
4. Abbey’s Community Rules. AHCF blogs and forums are designed to encourage discussion on topics related to AHCF’s Mission, including child safety. While the Site is focused on issues and policies related to promoting our Mission and child safter, we welcome a broad range of viewpoints. We have adopted the following set of “Abbey’s Community Rules” to ensure a forum where information and views can be shared in a productive and civilized way. While using the Site, you agree to follow the Abbey’s Community Rules.
You agree to:
You agree not to:
- Post any content or provide links to any content that endorses or opposes a particular political party or candidate for office.
- Post any private information or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Site user without his or her express consent.
- Post any content to the Site that is unlawful, racist, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or harasses particular individuals or groups.
- Post any content to the Site that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights.
- Use the Site for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
- Use the Site for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations. We are not free advertising.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any AHCF volunteer, employee, officer or director, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Imply that AHCF endorses any of your statements or positions.
- Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or Web bugs) through or to the Site, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of the Site.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our prior written authorization.
5. AHCF’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy.
You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through a Abbey’s Hope Site will remain the property of AHCF and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by AHCF (including photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by AHCF are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by AHCF.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the Site (collectively the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of AHCF and/or AHCF’s licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the Site not owned by AHCF are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by AHCF, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not AHCF’s.
6. General Re-Use Policy
You may copy reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials created by AHCF and made available through the Site (collectively, the “Abbey’s Hope Works”) for noncommercial purposes on the condition that you attribute those materials to AHCF as applicable, and provide a link to the Site (www.abbeyshope.org). Specifically, any article or materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its byline, if applicable, under the following heading:“This [material] [article] was created by Abbey’s Hope Charitable Foundation, www.abbeyshope.org.”
You can usually tell that a work is an “Abbey’s Hope Work” because it has a byline, tagline or other attribution as such. “Abbey’s Hope Works” do not include any materials posted on or through the site that do not include such an attribution (such as an article by an outside contributor or a music/audio/video file). If you are uncertain whether a work is an Abbey’s Hope Work, please contact us. Please contact the author of works published on AHCF that are not Abbey’s Hope Works for permission to re-use such works.
7. Limit on Use
Except as expressly permitted above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any material produced by AHCF.
You may not make any editorial changes to any Abbey’s Hope Works or other articles or materials on the Site without first receiving express permission from AHCF.
If any of these terms is breached, we reserve the right to withdraw your license to republish our material. In this situation, you must take immediate steps to remove our material from all current and past communications.
8. Information Available on or Through the Site. Certain information made available on or through the Site is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other nonprofit organizations (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Site does not indicate any approval or endorsement by AHCF. AHCF is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.9. Links. The Site provide links to other websites and resources. Because AHCF has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that AHCF does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. AHCF is providing these links to you only as a convenience. AHCF has the right, but not the obligation, to block links from or to the Site at any time.
10. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by AHCF infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to:
Abbey’s Hope Charitable Foundation
5021 Vernon Ave., Suite 164
Edina, Minnesota 55436
12. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by AHCF from its principal office in Minnesota, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject AHCF to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
14. Disclaimers. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AHCF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE.
15. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER AHCF NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITES AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.
Abbey’s Hope Charitable Foundation
5021 Vernon Ave., Suite 164
Edina, Minnesota 55436