Last updated: May 1, 2009
1. Resale or Disclosure of Information to Third Parties. We will not share or otherwise disclose to any third party any personal information, including your name, address, e-mail addresses, or financial information, with other unaffiliated organizations. Only AHCF staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our Site.
3. Updating Your Information. You may review, correct, update or change your account profile information at any time. Simply log into your account at abbeyshope.org/user, enter your user name and password. You may review your account information and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided. If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.
4. Browser Information Collected on Our Site. As with any Web site operator, we analyze our Web site logs to constantly improve the value of our Site. We may use an external service to provide reporting to us and our authorized agents of browser accesses to our site, including page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, require, collect or track any Internet users' personally identifiable information.
5. Privacy of Our E-mail Lists. We maintain several e-mail lists to keep our supporters, the press and policy makers informed about the news and events. Individuals who provide optional information may also receive materials in the U.S. mail and/or be contacted by telephone by authorized AHCF staff or representatives. We do not share the e-mail addresses on our lists with staff outside of AHCF. We configure our list server software to refuse to divulge the e-mail addresses of our list subscribers to anyone but authorized AHCF staff and agents. Only AHCF staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
6. Sending E-mails via the Site. In certain cases, we enable you to send individual e-mails to the various government officials and other targets through our Site. These messages are sent in your name, with your e-mail address as the return address and your full name and contact information is provided as part of the submission. These messages will only be sent out under your name as you approve them on an individual basis using our e-mail too. You are solely responsible for the specific message(s) you send using our e-mail tool.
9. Financial Donations. If you choose to make a donation to AHCF through our Site, your credit card information will be used only for this transaction through our secure online payment system. AHCF does not retain credit card information.
10. Children. AHCF does not solicit personally identifying information from children. Visitors who are under 13 years of age should ask their parent or legal guardian for assistance when using the Site and should not submit any personally identifying information to the site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not make donations, use the AHCF e-mail tool or post comments to Abbey’s Community without the direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
12. Security. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving financial data from our site. In addition, we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss or misuse of information at our site that we have collected from you. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.